Helping prove Toronto’s Cabbagetown is #MoreThanCabbage, the following businesses were voted by the public as the Best of Cabbagetown for 2018. Each business adds their own flavour to the area in many ways. For Cabbagetown to continue to grow and be a neighbourhood of choice in Toronto, these local shops, restaurants and service providers need your continued support. With this in mind we invite you to come shop, work, live and play in Cabbagetown!
(Please note, due to extremely close vote counts, four categories will also recognize their respective runner up.)
Be sure to also check out our list of New 2018 busiensses helping to redefine Cabbagetown.
1) Best Customer Service: The Epicure Shop, 473 Parliament Street.
2) Best Professional Service Provider: Old Cabbagetown Physiotherapy, 255 Gerrard Street East.
3) Best Selection Of Hard To Find Goods: Labour Of Love, 223 Carlton Street.
4) Best Personal Care Provider: Star Nails, 442 Parliament Street.
5) RUNNER UP – Best Service or Repair: Jose Shoe Repair, 202 Carlton.
5) Best Service or Repair: Cycle Solutions, 444 Parliament Street.
6) RUNNER UP – Best New Local Business: The Social Smiths, 574 Parliament Street.
6) Best New Local Business: Blooming Flower Bar, 559 Parliament Street.
7) Best Store Display or Window: Kendall & Co., 514 Parliament Street.
8) RUNNER UP – Best Interior and/or Exterior Improvement or Change: Spruce Home Decor, 455 Parliament Street.
8) Best Interior and/or Exterior Improvement or Change: Akasha Art Projects (+Gallery), 204 D Carlton Street.
9) Best at Giving Back To The Community: St James Town Steak & Chops, 516 Parliament Street.
10) Runner UP – Best Neighbourhood Dine In Restaurant: F’Amelia, 12 Amelia Street.
10) Best Neighbourhood Dine In Restaurant: House On Parliament, 454 Parliament Street.
11) Best Coffee or Snack Shop: Staij & Co., 552 Parliament Street.
12) Best Grab and Go / Delivery Restaurant: Butter Chicken Factory, 556 Parliament Street.
13) Best Vegetarian / Gluten Free Options: Freshed Right Salad and Juice Bar, 298 Gerrard Street East.
14) Award For Investment in Cabbagetown as nominated by the public: Regan & Jacklyne Irvine of The Irv and Beer Batter Fish N’ Chips for choosing to invest in the area with their second Cabbagetown based business, as nominated by the public.
15) Award for Friendliest Shop Owner, as nominated by the public: Lavern of Tasty Pita, 296 Gerrard Street East. Lavern’s constant smile and welcoming character deserve to be recognized as the friendliest in Cabbagetown.A short chat with this shop owner will easily leave you happy and content any day of the week.
In 2018 Cabbagetown welcomed many new busineses along our main streets. Take a look at these shops, restaurants and service providers helping to redefine our historic neighbourhood.
Winners of our draw:
Thank you to the public for voting and entering our draw. We have drawn three names as our contest winners. Each will receive a $50 credit for Cabbagetown swag (T-shirts,flags, bags, pins), available at the Cabbagetown BIA office, 237 Carlton Street. Winners have been notified by email. Our winners are: Gina Dineen, Matty Roberts and Jof Hurley.
Photos via Instagram accounts of those featured.